Thursday, February 28, 2013

World Champs 15km Skate



Yesterday was another great opportunity. It's really exciting putting my toe to the line knowing I'm in better shape and skiing faster then ever. My goal this week was to watch and learn from the best in the World. I try to be realistic and not be to hard on myself when I don't see my name near the top of the results sheet. Yesterdays race was a 15 kilometer skate, I went out at a hot pace thinking that was my best shot at posting a fast time. When I went through the stadium onto my second lap my legs started getting heavy and really tired. I then struggled a little bit on the second lap but was still able to make good movements and was trying to really hammer the fast flat sections. By the last couple kilometers of the race my body was starting to come around again and I was able to leave the rest of my energy out there on the last couple climbs and into the finish. The course was tougher then most courses I see in the U.S., it felt like if I wasn't climbing up a steep hill I was hauling down one.  Overall I was pretty happy with my race and I now know how much work I need to do to be the best in the world. It has been a lot of fun racing at these championships and seeing all my teammates kick butt. I'm now looking forward to racing the 50k classic on Sunday and cheering on the mens 4x10km relay tomorrow! 

I want to thank all of my friends, family, teammates, and supporters for helping me get here. This has been an eye opening trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment